Dear Friends, Our organization is creating a custom cookbook featuring favorite recipes from our members. These cookbooks will be professionally published and are sure to be a treasured keepsake for us all. Money raised will go to Safe Space, Women’s Refuge, and Our Savior Youth program.
Please submit 3-5 or one for each category of your favorite recipes so you can be represented in our cookbook. Many recipes from all members will ensure that our cookbook is a success. We are using Morris Press Cookbook’s web site to easily submit recipes online.
If you do not have Internet access, our committee can enter them for you. Submit hardcopies of your recipes to Our Savior Lutheran Church, WELCA, 1850 6th Ave., Vero Beach, Fl. 32960. (attention WELCA)
Please submit your recipes online or through the church by Sept. 30 so we can meet our deadline.
The cookbooks will be sold in the fall for $ 10.- each and will make great Christmas present for everyone. Thank you! To Submit Recipes Online:
- Go to www.typensave.com and click ‘Login.’
- Enter the User Name: Tasteofheaven2015
- Enter the password: onion014 and click ‘Submit.’
- Enter your name and click ‘Continue.’
- Click ‘Add Recipes’ to begin adding your recipes.
Recipe Writing Tips:
- When adding recipes, review the “Tips” and use standard abbreviations.
- Only enter 1 ingredient per ingredient line.
- List ingredients in order of use in the ingredients list and directions.
- Include container sizes, e.g., (16-oz.) pkg., (24-oz.) can.
- Write directions in paragraph form, not in steps.
- Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
- Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
- Additional comments about the recipe (history, nutritional data, suggested uses, etc.) are not allowed unless a “Recipe Note” field is visible. Enter extra recipe content in that field.